1. The lack of humble servitude among those who lead the church today. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14. It says, "If My people who are people called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." Read Philippians 2-3-4. It says, "Do nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you not only look to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Read John 13:4-16. It says Jesus got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself. Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. So He came to Simon Peter. He said to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet? Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand thereafter.” Peter said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.” Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head." Jesus said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you." For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, “Not all of you are clean.” So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." Here is another example of Jesus' teaching on humble servitude. Read Matthew 20:20-28. It says, Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him. “What is it you want?” he asked. She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.” “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?” “We can,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.” When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Now do you understand what humble servitude means? Do you see this type of mindset in the church leaders you have come in contact with today? Be honest. Do they actually practice what they preach?
2. The majority of those who attend church services look to church leaders (individual parts of the Body of Christ) rather than Jesus (the Head of the Body) on how they should conduct their lives. Jesus told His disciples that we have only One teacher and that is Himself in Matthew 23:8. Jesus said, "Do not call anyone ‘Rabbi’ (which means teacher), for only One is your Teacher, the Christ (which means Savior), and you are all brothers". The Bible tells us to "fix our eyes on Jesus because He is the author and finisher of our faith" - not the Pastor, not the Elder, not the Deacon, not the Bishop, not the Pope, not the Priest, not the Reverend, not the Minister, not the Bible study teacher, not anybody. As you can see, there is only One authority and only One teacher in the Body of Christ and that is the Head of His Body who is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No part of the body has authority over another body part. Only the Human Brain has authority over all body parts and Jesus is the Brain of all of us as individual parts of His body. This factor should give us a better understanding of why looking to church leaders instead of Jesus is a major hindrance to our spiritual growth (church growth) as the Body of Christ. Looking to church leaders instead of Jesus is very dangerous because it short circuits the power and teaching of the Holy Spirit. Many, if not most, Church leaders today purposely condition their members to look to them for spiritual guidance rather than pointing them to Jesus and His teachings on what it is to be a follower of Jesus. Just like most of our Government leaders want to control instead of serve the people in their districts, Church Pastors want to control instead of serve those who attend their church as well. I believe they do this because they put their own personal interests before the interests of those they are suppose to serve disobeying what is taught in Philippians 2:3-4. The Roman Catholic Church was guilty of this (and still is) as Martin Luther pointed out in his discourse against the church at the start of the Protestant Reformation. Now you know why Jesus and John the Baptist called the politicians of His day Snakes and Broods of Vipers. Please note the fact that President Trump calls the politicians who hate him names as well - Crooked Hillary, Pocahontas, Crying Chuck, Lying Ted, Little Marco, Sloppy Steve, Sneaky Dianne and so on. That being said, I suppose since Jesus called those who hate Him names then it would be okay for President Trump to do the same. Doesn't God instruct us in His word to be imitators of Christ?
3. In my opinion, the demonic spirit of Feminism (referred to as the Jezebel spirit in the Bible) is the main reason for church growth decline. I believe many men have left the church because of all the bossy women who control the narrative in the operations of the church today. Women rule the church and the majority of marriages today, not men. This should not surprise us because the prophet Isaiah said this would happen in Isaiah 3:12. Women make up over 70% of church attendance today according to my own personal research. Women also consider themselves to be the Spiritual leaders in over 90% of their marriages according to the countless married men I have surveyed since leaving Southwestern Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas in 1983. Most men seem to think that it is the cool thing to do to let women run the show because that's what's trending in pop culture today. After all, "if Momma an't happy, an't nobody happy", right? Feminism has undermined God’s patriarchal chain of command which is clearly defined in the Bible. Read Ephesians 5:23 which says, "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church". According to my research, almost all churches have a Women's ministry but only a handful have an active Men's ministry. I also believe that feminism is the number one reason for the destruction of the nuclear family today because of the high rate of divorce, broken homes and dysfunctional families it causes. Prior to 1972, the divorce rate in the United States was 15% according to CDC statistics. Most of these divorces were initiated and filed by men because most women depended on their husbands for their financial needs and there was no such thing as "no-fault divorce" which made it much easier for women to divorce their husbands. The divorce rate started going up dramatically in 1972 when the Equal Rights Amendment for Women was passed. It is now over 50% among professing Christians today. You will not see any Pastors today touch this subject from the pulpit because the majority of their church attendees are women and they don't want to risk losing their financial support. Women have also made sexual sin the worst sin committed in the church because they know the "Sin of David" is man's biggest sin weakness. They use sexual sin as a trump card to gain power over men to advance their personal agenda in the Church and their marriages. Does God prioritize certain sins as being worse than others? As we know, the Bible says "if we break the law in one part, we are guilty of breaking it all". God hates all sin. Most women today actually think they are morally superior to men and better suited to be the spiritual leaders in the mainstream church and their marriage. My two former wives believe they are morally and spiritually superior to me and verbally admitted it to me on many occasions. I admit that I lost sexual interest in both of my wives because they treated more like a mother than a lover. So my question to you now is, who wants to make love to their mother? I believe a lot of married and divorced men know exactly what I am talking about concerning what King Solomon describes as a contentious woman. He said, "It is better to live in a corner of a roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman". I have been in the pest control industry for over 25 years. I have been in countless homes providing pest control service over the years. You would be shocked to see how many husbands and wives actually sleep in separate bed rooms thus proving King Solomon's point that it is better to live on the corner of a roof (separate bedrooms) than with a contentious woman. It is rumored that the President and Melania sleep in separate bedrooms. My first wife's parents lived in separate bedrooms because her mother is a very contentious woman. Like mother like daughter as the old saying goes. My second wife and I lived in separate bedrooms as well in order to keep the peace. My psychotherapist, Dr. Gordon Hobby, who counseled me for many hours after my first divorce revealed to me that my wife was a contentious woman. He helped me to piece everything together to better understand what caused our marriage to self-destruct. It has become very clear to me that the Jezebel spirit has managed to emasculate most men in the mainstream church today to the point where they are afraid to rebuke this extremely powerful and evil spirit. Feminists actually believe that masculinity is toxic to our culture's well being. I believe the demonic spirit of feminism is the number one reason for the destruction of the church and marriage today. Let's not be naive and complacent when addressing this detrimental disease that is killing the Body of Christ anymore. It's time to stand firm and take back the church from power hungry women who think they are morally superior to men in their role as a Christian in the Body of Christ. I would like to include one more very important factor about this demonic spirit which seeks to destroy the nuclear family and the Body of Christ which is the church. My experience has taught me that most women love their children more than their husbands. This was very true in my marriage. Focus on the Family, considered to be the go to source on Christian marriage counseling, teaches that our relationship with our spouse is much more important than our relationship with our children. The Pastor who married us emphasized this principle in our premarital counseling. My former wife disregarded this Biblical principle and chose to put her relationship with our daughters before our relationship as husband and wife and did not obey what we learned in premarital counseling. She also never respected my God appointed role as the head of the household. She divorced me because she loved our daughters more than me and did not respect my views on how we should discipline our children. Here are four questions to consider in closing point three. (1) Did Jesus select any women to be His disciples? (2) Did Jesus choose to have a wife? (3) Did the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, choose to have a wife? (4) Did he choose any women to be Elders and Pastors in the churches he planted? The answer to all four questions is no. That being said, it should not surprise us that there will be no marriage in Heaven. I am so glad this is true because my two marriages were pure hell for me. What man would enjoy living with someone who has succumbed to the demonic spirit of feminism? Final question. Do you think God is pleased with feminism within His Body which we call "church" today?
4. Divorce, Broken homes and Dysfunctional Families - Statistics show the divorce rate is higher among Evangelicals than outside the mainstream church. Shouldn't the divorce rate be lower among professing Christians than those who do not profess Christ as their Lord and Savior? I believe divorce is the ultimate act of unforgiveness towards their spouse. Jesus said if we cannot forgive others, He cannot forgive us. See what Jesus says in Matthew 6:14-15 - "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions." Now read His parable in Matthew 18:23-35 to prove my point. Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy seven times seven." “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go. “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.” “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’ “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened. “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” In the Lord's Prayer it says, "Forgive our sins as we forgive the sins of others". Jesus also said in Matthew 19:6. "What God has put together (meaning marriage) let no man separate.” The prophet Malachi says God hates divorce. If we really love God, we would not do anything He hates, would we? Read 1 John 5:3 says, For this is the love of God, that we keep HIs commandments. After reading all this scripture, it should be obvious that many, if not most women, in the church do not love Jesus because of their blatant disobedience to His teachings. Do you agree?
Please take note of this alarming statistic - 80% of all divorces are initiated and filed by women in our country today. Divorce attorneys know that women make up over 80% of their legal fees and this is the main reason they have rigged the Family Law Legal System in women's favor. There is no fair and equitable justice when settling divorce cases anymore. It's all about the money. Judges in most cases will side with the woman's testimony against her husband even though there are no witnesses to support her accusations. Judges are ex-attorneys so they take care of the attorney's litigating each case. In the Bible, women were not permitted to divorce their husbands according to Jewish law. I do not recommend men get married today because of the corruption in Family Law and how it unfairly discriminates against men in the vast majority of divorce cases. If a man does decide to get married, he better have an iron clad prenup to protect him from financial ruin. We are seeing more and more men putting off marriage as a result of this corruption. I personally believe that this one factor is the number one reason for the moral decline we see in our families today. Have you heard the fake news media or the mainstream church talk about feminism as being the main reason for the destruction of the family nucleus? If they did, you can bet the house they would be accused of misogyny by the feminists who control the narrative when it comes to the divorce epidemic in our country today. The spirit of Jezebel resents criticism. Have you ever met a woman who receives constructive criticism from a man? None of my former wives ever received constructive criticism from me. When it comes to criticism, women can dish it out but they can't take it in return. If you do criticize a woman, they will play the victim or gender card in their defense. All of these cards (victim, gender, race, etc.) got their trump power because of identify politics which is a political ploy created by liberal elites who are aligned with the anti-Christ to promote their self serving agenda to gain power over those they are supposed to serve as their elected officials. Satan is using women to undermine oneness in marriage and the church today. Just like he deceived Eve that led to mankind's fall from God's Grace and terminated our intimate relationship with God as our Heavenly Father. It is imperative that we understand fully just how destructive the demonic spirit of feminism is to well being of the Body of Christ. I do not know of a spiritual force that is more powerful and destructive. Do you?
5. Legalism – The Jewish people were subject to a Theocracy as their form of government when Jesus was physically here over 2000 years ago. The Jewish Leaders (Pharisees and Scribes) were legalistic in their mindset. They believed that the law supersedes love in importance. There are two schools of thought in the mainstream church today. One is Faith based and the other Works based. Another way of putting it would be one is Grace based and the other Shame based. The false gospel the Apostle Paul rebuked the Galatian church for preaching a works based doctrine. Paul said let those who preach a false gospel be accursed. It was a gospel message based on good works or strict obedience to the law as the necessary means of granting favor and acceptance from God. All religions in the world, with the exception of authentic Christianity, are based on good works or strict adherence to the law in order to merit good favor with God. This is especially true with the religion of Islam. Islam plays on the fears of their followers to promote their evil agenda to take over the world by whatever means necessary. This is why they use terror as their number one motivating factor to gain converts. A works based doctrine is motivated out of fear. In other words, you better adhere to the law or else! A faith base doctrine is motivated out of love. Only Christianity is based on faith alone as the only means acceptable to God for salvation from our sins or breaking His laws. What is a more powerful motivating factor, love or fear? The Bible makes it clear that love covers a multitude of sins not fear. Fear is the very opposite of faith. The Apostle Paul's letter to the Ephesian church clearly states that it is by faith alone we are saved and not by our good works or keeping the law. Read Ephesians 2:8-9. It says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast". Legalistic churches are the ones that preach a false gospel because they add good works or keeping the law as being necessary for salvation. It is very clear in the Bible that "our works are like filthy rags to God" and "whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it". There is no way on earth we can save ourselves from our sin if we base our salvation on good works or keeping the law because of our sin nature. The Apostle John says, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". The Apostle Paul says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". The only person who has never sinned is God's only son Jesus Christ. John the Baptist said, "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". Jesus was the spotless lamb of God who was the only person who ever lived worthy of the sacrificial death on the Cross at Calvary to pay for our sin debt in full so that justice may be served for all of mankind's sin or breaking of God's laws. Eternal Life is a free gift granted by God to any one who puts their total faith in Jesus knowing that He is the only way, the only truth and the only life worthy of the faith needed to overcome our natural desire to sin. Authentic Christians know they are miserable sinners and in need of salvation. We, as true Christians, admit we are sinners and sincerely make honest attempts to turn away from our wicked ways knowing Jesus will help us overcome our addiction to certain desires of the flesh. It is God's unconditional love and grace that grants us His free gift of eternal life even though we do not deserve it. There are no good works by any man that would grant favor with God to merit eternal life in Heaven. It's only by God's loving grace and our faith in Him alone that grants us a permanent place in His Kingdom called Heaven. We can never depend on our good works for salvation because we would never be good enough to meet God's standard of total perfection. Even though we are saved, we continue to sin on a daily basis despite all our best efforts not to sin. See what The Apostle Paul says about his struggle with sin in Romans 7:15-24 as follows: "For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?" After reading Paul's personal struggle with sin, I think we can conclude that it is Keeping the Faith that pleases God rather than trying to please Him with all of our works or good deeds. Read Hebrews 11:6 which says. "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." As an authentic Christian, we should be motivated out of sheer gratitude to do what is right in God's eyes, especially knowing that we do not deserve the gift of eternal life because of our sin nature. Our sin nature should keep us in constant prayer for God to deliver us from this wicked body of death we are trapped in until we die and meet Jesus face to face one day and receive our new spiritual bodies that will be devoid of a natural desire to sin. As a true Christian, we should never think too highly of our selves and like the Apostle Paul, I believe we should consider ourselves to be the worse of all sinners instead of the best of all sinners as self-righteous Christians do. This mindset will keep us in a constant state of humility which is the most important Godly attribute that Jesus demonstrated when He became flesh and dwelt among us as a man 2000 plus years ago.
Let me tell you a true story about teaching my daughter, Hannah, how to ride her bike. As her Father, I knew she was going to fall off her bike a few times before she got the hang of what it takes to stay upright. Well, as the story goes, she did fall off her bike and bumped her knee and started crying and went into the house with out trying again. I tried my best to convince her to try again but she refused. I was very disappointed in her because she lacked the faith to try again. I believe this is how our Heavenly Father looks at us as His child. He knows we are going to make mistakes in our attempts to learn how to live in a dangerous and competitive world. What pleases God most is when we are not afraid to step out in faith when we are unsure of what the future may bring. Hebrews 11:1 says; "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead." God tells us in the Bible that each human being is given a different measure of faith. What does this mean? It means that each person is limited to what he or she can accomplish in life because of the differences in these measures. People with large measures of faith accomplish more in life than those who do not have a large measure of faith. Do you remember the movie, “Forest Gump”? The main character played by Tom Hanks is a man who was not blessed with a whole lot of smarts. The moral of this story is that his lack of intelligence was overcome by the very large measure of faith that God had blessed him with. In the movie, he becomes a war hero and a very successful multi-millionaire businessman because of his child-like faith. This is a perfect example of how his large measure of faith allowed him to overcome his low IQ. In Matthew 7:20, Jesus said, “if you have faith, nothing will be impossible for you.” Therefore, people who have large measures of faith are supernaturally going to be the most productive people among us. As a rule of thumb, they are going to have more possessions, more status in the community and more money in the bank. In other words, they have more to show for their faith. That's why the Bible teaches faith without works is dead. Unfortunately, many people who have not been blessed with a large measure of faith covet what they do not have. As a result, they become resentful of the rich especially someone like Donald Trump who is everything they are not. This is the main reason so many people hate our president. One of the seven deadly sins is envy and jealousy which go hand in hand. Most people who follow the ideology of liberal elites are guilty of this sin. As the old saying goes, "Birds of a feather flock together". James 3:16 says, “for where jealousy and envy exist, there will be disorder and every evil practice." I think about the tremendous amount of faith Christopher Columbus had to sail west in uncharted waters to find a quicker way to India because he believed the world was round instead of flat as his peers believed at the time. He did not find India...he found America. What a wonderful find that was. Can you believe that we have many in our country today who want to erase his memory? Satan is alive and well on planet earth! Satan and his followers have always been losers and resent those who exercise great faith. This is why most Teacher Union members hate competition and believe tenure is more important than performance in the work place. This lazy and self serving mindset is the reason we will always have the poor among us as Jesus stated in Matthew 26:11. It's time to start exercising great faith again so we can make our country great again as our President encourages us to do. Read Hebrews Chapter 11 for a full understanding of this faith that pleases God.
It is very apparent in the Gospels that Jesus is not a Legalist, but in actuality, He's a Pragmatist in the way he thinks and acts. President Trump and the Apostle Paul are also pragmatists in their mindset. In other words, Jesus, Paul and President Trump believe in implementing what ever method works best according the circumstances at hand. Their approach to problem solving is more productive, realistic, efficient and less time consuming. Paul said, "I have become all things to all men for the sake of Christ." Can you see the pragmatism (whatever works best) in this statement? Look at all the times the Jewish Pharisees and Scribes confronted Jesus for breaking various Jewish laws as mentioned in the Gospels. Read Mark 2:23-28 as an example of this nitpicking. Look at all the frivolous rules and regulations that President Trump has eliminated with a stroke if his pen since his election. Praise God for Donald Trump. He really is a modern day prophet (professor of God's truth). History will prove this to be true. Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Jr. and myself see the hand of God on this man. Franklin's father (Billy) is the reason I know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. My late maternal Grandmother loves Billy Graham and always watched his crusades on TV. This is when I heard the Gospel message for the first time and realized it was Jesus who was missing in my life. I invited Jesus into my heart when I was sixteen years old. My decision to follow Jesus and no one else was the most important decision I ever made. I have been blessed with His unconditional love and protection from evil ever since. I am so thankful that I have been wise enough to keep my eyes focused on Jesus instead of looking to church leaders on how I should conduct my life. This is how I am able to discern what is of God and what is not.
Jesus gave us two commandments to sum up the law in a more pragmatic way rather than be tied down to countless frivolous legalities that stand in the way of progress. Jesus said in Mark 12:30-31 to (1) Love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and to (2) Love our neighbor as our self. If we obey these two commands, the letter of the law becomes irrelevant. Look what the Apostle Paul says in Romans 8:2. "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." This falls in line with the KISS principle which believes in keeping things simple in how we go about establishing plans of action. Jesus believed there are exceptions to every rule when doing the right thing is more important than doing the law thing if you know what I mean. Jesus also believes all is fair in love and war. Look at what Jesus said in Matthew 10:16 - "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." Jesus is telling us to be smarter than our enemies and do what ever is necessary to overcome evil because Satan is lawless in his fight to undermine the will of God. The Apostle Paul knows we are at war with Satan. Read Ephesians 6:10-17. Paul writes, "for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.” If God was a legalist, He would have had many rules for Adam and Eve to follow in the Garden of Eden instead of the one rule He established which was not to eat fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Isn't that what the law is - the knowledge of what is good and what is evil? Here is great example when it is appropriate to break the law. It is the story of Anne Frank who was harbored illegally by a Danish home owner in German occupied Denmark to keep her and her Jewish family from being taken to a German Concentration Camp. This story is a great example when love trumps the law. Read Romans Chapter Two for a full understanding of this spiritual concept. In conclusion, it is very apparent to me that Jesus hated the legalistic mindset. Do you see the truth in what I just described? Another tidbit of information to note is that Jesus is also a Capitalist in His view on how to achieve financial prosperity. Read Matthew 25:14-30 to support this view. Bottom Line - Legalism puts chains on the power and potential of our faith.
6. Idealism – Have you heard it said, “they are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good?" Well, to me, this is an ideal quip of what it is to have the mindset of an idealist. Who is an idealist? If you have not noticed, the mainstream church today are full of them. They are the moral perfectionists who dictate church doctrine according to their elite standards and expectations. Both of my former wives are moral perfectionists. An idealist is the twin sister of a legalist. These two mindsets lack flexibility and objectivity in their thinking . An idealist is consumed with the book of utopian aspirations they have created for themselves to follow. They will ostracize anyone who does not comply with their utopian hallucinations. An idealist is the total opposite of a pragmatist. Their biggest handicap in their thinking is that they don't have a lick of common sense. This is why pragmatists get so annoyed with them. An idealist has a false concept of human nature. They think that mankind is basically good and if we create an ideal environment for them everything will be perfect. This is why they have so many illusions of grandeur. As we know, the Bible makes it very clear that mankind is not basically good and falls way short of God’s standard of total perfection. Most College Professors and Liberal Elites are idealistic in their thinking. A typical idealist has plenty of book smarts but severely lacks in street smarts. In other words, they have no idea how the book smarts they learned in school or college practically applies in the streets of real life. I taught the three boys I mentored this truth and they have turned out to be very successful men. See their photo below point fifteen. I learned my street smarts in the Navy prior to going to college. The military is well known for turning young naive boys into real men who learn how to be comfortable in their own skin unlike all the snowflakes we see on college campuses today. My life experience has taught me that knowledge is nothing more than a tool. If not used properly, it can do more harm than good. A hammer is a tool. Ask any carpenter about the right way to use a hammer. He will tell you how important it is to hit the nail instead of your thumb because they have made that mistake before. OOUUCH!! This is why so many employers, like myself, choose not to hire college grads who have degrees in the social sciences. Employers know these kids are very naive in street smarts and are a liability instead of an asset to their company's bottom line. I liked the students who had jobs while putting themselves through college. These kids always turned out to be productive employees that added true value to the company's bottom line. This is why the Obama Administration (all highly educated idealists in their mindset) made so many bad deals and decisions with our adversaries on the World Stage. President Obama has been a professional student and politician living in an institutional bubble his whole life. He does not know how to think outside his severely limited idealistic mindset because of his continued isolation from the real working world. President Trump grew up on the streets of New York City as a private businessman. This is where he got his street smarts. He also graduated from Wharton School of Business an Ivy League College rated as one of the top business schools in America. This is where he got his book smarts. President Trump is a genius when it comes to street smarts unlike Barack Obama. I doubt very seriously there is a person on earth who could outsmart him when it comes to street smarts. This is the main reason why he is such a great deal maker. Let me ask you a question. Who do you think would win in a game of poker, Donald Trump or Barack Obama? I learned to play poker with my fellow shipmates in the Navy while out at sea. I don't know of a better game that relates to real life like poker does. It teaches us how to play the odds and know when someone has a good hand or is bluffing. President Trump has owned Cosinos in the past. I can assure you that you don't want to play President Trump in poker if you want to win. I know a good poker player when I see one. A pragmatist would win at poker all night long against an idealist. Don't you remember President Trump said we don't win anymore? He knows how to play the odds and knows when someone has a good hand or if someone is pretending to have a good hand. This is called the gift of discernment which is a valuable attribute of the gift of prophecy. President Trump has this gift and very few Christian leaders recognize and appreciate this fact about him. All successful entrepreneurs know how to read people because they know how to test the spirits and read the nonverbal communications of others before making important decisions. Donald Trump calls this extreme vetting. A pragmatist knows actions speak louder than words. I have discovered that an idealist actually believes their words have more merit than their actions. All idealists are great at using words to fool those they want to manipulate. All con artists are masters in the use of words to fool those they want to prey on. My observations of my former wives idealistic mindsets reinforced in my mind the validity of this truth. That's why an idealist is all talk and no show. The reason we don't win anymore is because all the idealists who run our country don't know how to win. My life experience has taught me the importance of being balanced in both book smarts and street smarts. This is what leads to great wisdom over time. I believe Donald Trump is a cross between King David and his son King Solomon. He is a man of great wisdom, courage, faith, intuition, wealth, power, fame and quite a lady's man at that. Many of the self-righteous hypocrites who hate our president have criticized him for being married three times. Did you know King Solomon, who many believe was the wisest man to ever live other than Jesus, had approximately 700 wives and 300 mistresses in his lifetime? Way too many politicians and church leaders are severely lacking in the courage of King David and the wisdom of King Solomon in our country today. This deficiency contributes greatly to church growth decline which includes it's moral decline as well. Bottom line - an idealist is all talk and a pragmatist is all show.
7. Most churches today censure political conversations within the walls of their church building because they want to be politically correct. I have not found a church that allows political conversations to take place within their church building. Have you? They are believing the politically correct lie that it is not okay to talk about politics in mixed company. This is a lie that comes straight from the pit of hell. Even in local drinking establishments it is not okay to talk about politics anymore. By now you can see I have brought politics into my discourse on the reasons for church growth decline. I have listened to hundreds of sermons all across our country by going to each church's website that have posted their weekly sermons specifically looking for any Pastor who had mentioned Donald Trump in their sermon concerning his election for President. I purposely selected the sermons the week before and after his election date because this would have been the most likely time to mention his name. I did not find one Pastor who mentioned his name. Please contact me if you know of a Pastor who has mentioned Donald Trump in one of their sermons about his election. I will buy you lunch if you can find one. Church leaders avoid his mention like he was the plague. I believe Donald Trump is a modern day prophet. I see such a striking parallel between President Trump and what Jesus went through when dealing with the Jewish politicians and religious leaders of His day. I have never seen such a hatred for any president in my lifetime. It is the same kind of hatred the Jews had towards Jesus when He was here on earth. Jews make up 2% of our population and are the major power brokers in politics within our government and the news media. It is also note worthy to be aware that Jews control an estimated 96% of the News Media and the Entertainment Industry whether it be in Hollywood, New York City or Washington DC. This would explain why there appears to be a concerted effort of these Jews to undermine the Presidency of Donald Trump. Names of these Jews are listed as follows with links to their personal info - Bernie Sanders, George Soros, Sergey Brin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Rahm Emanuel, Gloria Allred, Lisa Bloom, Rod Rosenstein, Jerry Nadler, Chuck Schumer, Adam Schiff, Brad Sherman, Rob Wyden, Dianne Feinstein, Josh Gottheimer, Debbie Waserman Schultz, Al Franken, Richard Blumenthal, Brian Schatz, Ben Cardin, Eric Schneiderman, Eliot Spitzer, Matt Lauer, David Axelrod, Marc Mezvinsky, Haim Saban, Steve Cohen, Marc Elias, Andrew Weissman, Paul Krugman, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Maher, Rob Reiner, Dana Milbank, Thomas Friedman, Carl Bernstein, Michael Eiesner, Gary Barber, Bob Iger, Harvey Weinstein, Gerald Levin, Daniel Schorr, Laurence Tisch, Sumner Redstone, Peter Chermin, Michael Schulhofand, Ronald Perelman, Ben Rhodes, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Brian Roberts, Jake Tapper, Jared Bernstein, Andy Lack, John Stewart, Roger Cohen, Seth Meyers, Seth Rogen, Valerie Plame, Michael Ian Black, Wolf Blitzer, Richard Plepler, Steven Spielberg, Brad Grey, Brian Stelter, David Brooks, Judith Shulevitz, Barbara Streisand, Marshall Herskovitz, Natalie Portman, Lawrence Tisch, Rick Kaplan, Jeff Zucker, Jill Abramson, Jeffrey Toobin, Jeffrey Goldberg, Rachel Maddow, Kurt Eichenwald, Lanny Davis, Joel Rubin, Leslie Moonves, Sally Kohn, Bill Kristol, Jonah Goldberg, Sarah Hurwitz, Julia Ioffe, Masha Gessen, Daniel Berrin, Chelsea Handler, Lena Dunham, Bess Kalb, Eddy Hartenstein, Gwyneth Paltrow, Judd Apatow, Jennifer Rubin, A.G. Sulzberger, Matt Rosenburg, Neal Shapiro, Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Jr., Max Frankel, Peter R. Kann, Maggie Haberman, Mortimer Zuckerman, Mark Zuckerberg and many more. Jesus considered the Jews who hated Him to be children of the devil. Read John 8:37-46 to prove my point. Some Bible Theologians believe these Jews are the Seed of Cain. It seems to me that there is a genetic link to this evil mindset we see in these Jews who hate President Trump and our Christian conservative values. There is no doubt in my mind that these Jews would nail Donald Trump (a professing Presbyterian Christian) to a cross if they knew they could get away with it. THEY HATE DONALD TRUMP JUST LIKE THEY HATED JESUS WHEN HE WAS HERE OVER TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO.
Today's mainstream church leaders purposely exclude politics from their discussions with those who attend their group meetings because they are unknowingly being conformed to the spirit of the anti-Christ who is Satan the "Father of Lies" himself. The mainstream church is actually taking away our First Amendment right to speak our mind concerning our particular views on politics. This is a grave mistake because politics is the main reason for the great divide we have in our country today. We now have two opposing forces so vast and so vindictive towards each other that is tearing our country apart. We are now in the midst of another Civil War because of our political differences. We, as followers of Jesus, need to be educated in our political thinking so we can better understand what it is that divides us and discuss ways to mend our differences and help us make wise decisions when we go to vote for those who would be our future political leaders. Did you know that Hillary Clinton's Methodist Pastor compared her election loss to President Trump to Jesus' death on the cross as if she is the one who was crucified? Discussing politics will be a primary focus in this Men's Mentoring Ministry. The church should be deeply involved in politics. Jesus was deeply involved in politics during His ministry. He was always in the face of the politicians of His day. He knows how important politics is in our endeavor to fulfill His will of bringing His Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus is campaigning to be our future President when He comes back to establish His Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven. A church that is not willing to discuss politics in a church setting is aligned with the anti-Christ. They are setting the stage for the anti-Christ to take control of the entire world as prophesied in the Bible. This is another reason why we do not have growth in numbers and spiritual maturity in the mainstream church today I believe the mainstream church has left it's first love and is aligning itself with the harlot church the Apostle John talks about in Revelation Chapter 17. I hope and pray this does not apply to the many church leaders whom I know and love who are actively involved in various Christian ministries. What troubles me most is that all these Christian leaders that I know and love do not bring up politics in any of their preaching and study of God's word. We need to ask ourselves why is this happening? I will continue my search for a church home that genuinely demonstrates the "fruits of the spirit" in our endeavor to carry out the Great Commission. Jesus said, "you will know them by their fruit." So far in my search for a church home since my first divorce in 2005, I have found a bunch of dead branches with no fruit. So Sad! I feel exactly like John the Baptist and the Prophet Isaiah when they said, "I am a voice crying in the wilderness". Can you relate? A good book to read on this subject is written by Wayne Grudem called Politics - According to the Bible.
8. Judgementalism - There are many self-righteous Christians who are publicly judging people outside the church body of believers. Do you remember Anita Bryant in 1977? She publicly shamed homosexuals for their sin that made National News. Prior to this public rebuke, homosexuality was kept in the closet. As a result, gays and lesbians formed political alliances and came out of the closet in full force for the first time because of her blatant bigotry directed at them. She blew the hinges off that closet door. Her career, her marriage and her prosperity went straight down the toilet as a result. Do you think God blessed her for her judgmental actions? I think not. Please read this recent news article entitled School makes at least 75 students take blood and urine tests over 1 empty beer can and see how judgmental and irrational this one woman was on how she handled this incident. These judgmental finger pointers are what chases people away from the Cross of Christ rather than draw them to it. The Apostle Paul rebukes the church at Corinth for judging those who are outside the church body of believers in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13. Paul writes, "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside". And Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for their judgementalism in John 8:1-11. He said, "you without sin cast the first stone." Read Matthew 7:1-6 and Romans 2:1-16 for a better understanding on what the Bible teaches on judging others. I can assure you that we will not bring people to Christ by pointing fingers. Jesus said, "if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto myself". If these self-righteous finger pointers really understood the value of the core attribute of the gospel, they would be the last people on earth to point fingers at another because of their sin. What is the core attribute of the gospel you may ask? It's without question the act of forgiveness. God forgave us for all of our sins so why should we not forgive others for their sins as well. This is the main point Jesus was trying to make when He told the story found in Matthew 18:21-35. I have learned from practical experience that the most judgmental people on the planet are the people who do not admit their own mistakes in life. I have been a very successful business man in the past. Please see my resume. I have told many people who know my business successes that if I became a business consultant I would go with this premise. "I can tell you what doesn't work in business because I have made that mistake before." I have never been ashamed to admit my mistakes in the past. This is why I am not ashamed of the Gospel. As a matter of fact, the greatest lessons I have learned in life are through the mistakes that I have made. Why are so many professing Christians not willing to admit their mistakes? There can only be one reason for why people do not admit their mistakes and that is they do not have the true mindset of Christ because they lack the humility of Jesus as described in Philippians Chapter Two. These folks are more interested in pleasing people rather than pleasing God. This is another major reason why people hate to be around Christians and will not set foot in a church door today. Who likes a finger pointer?
9. The majority of Christians who attend church today do not confess their sins to each other as the Bible commands us to do. In James 5:16 it says, "therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed". And 1 John 1:9. says, "if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness". That being said, am I safe to assume that God will not forgive us if we do not confess our sins to Him and significant others? People in the church today hide their sins from one another especially Southern Baptists which is the largest Protestant denomination in the world. Only Roman Catholics outnumber them. I know this is true because I use to be Southern Baptist and went to one of their Seminary's. I use to joke around in Sunday School class by saying that you never see a Last Baptist Church anywhere, it's always a First Baptist Church. Didn't Jesus say "the first would be last and the last would be first in the Kingdom of God?" I think I made a lot of enemies with this quip. Have you noticed how many Southern Baptist Churches are changing their name today? First Baptist Church of Oviedo (my former church home) just changed their name to CrossLife. Yes, dirty diapers definitely need to be changed. I have learned that unconfessed sin is what causes a person to become self-righteous just like the Pharisees and Scribes were when Jesus walked this earth over 2000 years ago. God gave me a great metaphorical analogy to explain this phenomenon of why unconfessed sin is so detrimental to the spiritual health of every Christian. It goes like this...
Harboring unconfessed sin in our heart is like a boil full of puss. Shame is very similar to puss. Shame builds up inside our heart when we do not confess our sins. Shame is the total opposite of God's redeeming grace. Unconfessed sin causes shame to build up inside our hearts just like puss builds up inside a boil. Puss builds up inside of a boil because of an impurity under the skin. Boils must be drained of puss before they can heal. Boils full of puss are very ugly and this is why we try to hide them from the sight of others. The same is true with unconfessed sin. We try to hide our sins (impurities) from others by denying they even exist. We need to confess our sins in order to be healed for the same reason we need to drain a boil of puss so that it will heal.
Jesus has taught me that shame comes straight from the pit of hell. Shame is the number one weapon Satan uses to destroy a person's soul. Sigmund Freud was the first Psychologist to prove scientifically just how harmful shame is to the human Psyche. I studied Freud at UCF. Remember when Adam and Eve were hiding from God after they broke the only rule God gave them in the Garden of Eden? God saw they were hiding from Him so God asked Adam, "where are you?" Adam answered saying, "we were hiding from you because we were ashamed of our nakedness". Then God asked, "who told you that you are naked?" You see that it was not God who caused them to feel shame because He would have never asked this question if He was responsible for their shame. Read full account of this story in Genesis Chapter Three. Am I right in my reasoning? This is why it is so important for us to confess our sins to God and significant others with a repentant heart on an as needed basis so we can be healed of sin's shameful effects that causes us to hide from God and each other. Unconfessed sin is the main reason for the lack of transparency we see between Christians. I believe many, if not most Christians, hide their sins because they are more interested in pleasing people than pleasing God. See what King David said concerning unconfessed sin in Psalm 32:3-5. "When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long. Day and night Your hand was heavy upon me. My vitality was drained away like a fever on a hot summer night. I acknowledged my sin to You and my guilt I did not hide. I said, I will confess my sins to the Lord and You forgave the guilt of my sin." Confession is essential for the sanctification process to be fulfilled as we mature through time to develop the true mindset of Jesus. Bottom line - Confession is a supernatural medicine that keeps our conscience minds free from the demonic forces that give shame it's destructive psychological power.
10. Self-righteousness is what leads to hypocrisy – the denial of one’s own sin. Read John 8:7 and 1 John 1:8-10. The Greek word for sin is hamartia. It means "missing the mark" like when an archer misses his target with an arrow. In other words, it is the mistakes we make in life. The hypocrites in the church today would rather pretend that everything is okay in their personal lives rather than confess their sins or admit their mistakes to their fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord. Presbyterians know this to be true better than any other church denomination. Let me share with you a true story why Presbyterians know this to be true. I use to be a member of First Baptist Church Orlando when it was downtown. I was very active in their Single's Ministry. Jimmy Knott was the Single's Minister and hand picked twelve single men to be a part of a prayer group he formed that met every Tuesday morning at 6AM. We followed the ACTS acronym on how we prayed. When we got to C, which means confession, we would all confess our sins to each other. What caught may attention was you would never hear a sin worse than not praying enough or not spending enough time reading the Bible and the like, you know, spiritual stuff. You never heard anything like, I had sex and caught the clap from a girl I picked up from a bar or I got drunk and got a DUI and thrown in jail, or I got into a major fight and assaulted my girlfriend or I went to a "topless bar" and got drunk with some old friends or I cheated on my income taxes or I cussed out a person who cut me off in traffic or I have problem with pornography or I stole some money from my employer or I plagiarized my term paper or I am addicted to alcohol or I am a sex addict and so on. Please keep in mind I had been through four years of Navy with some pretty worldly guys so I knew something was fishy with such superficial confessions. Since no one in this group were willing to be honest about their sins, I decided I was not going to admit I was struggling with sexual temptation at the time. It was during this time period that I went on a church mission trip for a week to a small town in western Pennsylvania called Carmichaels. We were planting a Southern Baptist Church. We canvassed the whole town door to door to invite the residents to nightly revival meetings led by a preacher from West Virginia. At the end of the week we had a luncheon for all those who were involved in this effort. We invited all the local Pastors from other churches as well. The Lutheran Pastor and his wife, the Methodist Pastor and his wife and the Presbyterian Pastor and his wife were in attendance. It was a very interesting meeting because we were all making light of our doctrinal differences. I will never forget what the Presbyterian's wife said that struck me as being very true about Southern Baptists. She said, "Well, at least us Presbyterians don't do our sins behind the barn like you Baptists do". That is when I realized for the fist time what Southern Baptist's biggest sin weakness is as organized group of professing Christians. What is it? They hide their sins from each other. She couldn't be more right about her observation because of what I experienced in Jimmy Knott's Men's Prayer Group. Self-righteousness (the denial of one's own sins) is why we have so many "Holier-Than-Thou" types who call themselves Christians in the church today. Jesus could not stand to be around people like this as is clearly demonstrated in the four gospels. I believe the sin of Hypocrisy is one of the main reasons many people do not want to set foot in a church door today. Who likes a hypocrite?
11. The sin of Hypocrisy is epidemic in the Body of Christ and not being confronted and corrected by church leaders today. The sin of hypocrisy is the sin that angered Jesus more than any other. Read Matthew Chapter 23 if you don't believe me. Jesus cursed at the religious and political leaders of His day seven times in this chapter for their hypocrisy. He called them "Snakes" & "Broods of Vipers". He used the word Woe to condemn them for this sin. I interpret this word to mean "Go to Hell" in today's lingo. He physically threw them out of the temple with a hand made whip on two occasions as described in the gospels for their blatant hypocrisy. When I confronted this sin with the church leaders at First Baptist Church in Oviedo, they told me that we are all hypocrites. I replied, "No, we are not all hypocrites. We are all sinners not hypocrites. Sinners admit they are sinners. Hypocrites do not!" Do you see the difference now? Here is my definition of a hypocrite. "A hypocrite thinks everyone else's shit stinks but their own doesn't". I am going to be very honest and up front with you right now. Are you offended by me using the word shit? If you are, I suspect you are guilty of being self-righteous and would not be a good candidate for this men's group. I used the word shit as a test to see if those who may have an interest in participating in this men's ministry has a self-righteous mindset. Using the noun shit in my definition of a hypocrite gives it more attention and shock value because shit is a very ugly word. To me, sin is a much uglier word than shit. Let me ask you a question. Would you rather be full of shit or full of sin? What does shit mean? Let me give you the synonyms for this word; poop, doo doo, dung, manure, feces, excrement, crap, turd as well as others. Why is it that these synonyms can be used without criticism and shit blows people away? Who gave the word shit so much mystical power? Now are you starting to see how absurd political correctness can be? What is profane about human and animal feces? Don't we shit every day? The prophet Isaiah admitted he is a man of unclean lips, so why shouldn't we? Did you know that Social Psychologists have proven that people who cuss are more honest than those that don't? The most honest people I have ever known were my fellow shipmates in the Navy and all of them "cussed like a sailor". I believe this is the reason why Jesus would rather hang around Tax Collectors and sinners than His fellow Rabbi's because He knew they were much more honest in expressing their deepest thoughts and feelings. Do you want to know what really is profane in God's eyes? It's taking the Lord's name in vain...that's profane! Like when people say "Jesus Christ!” when a person is mad or offended about something. Let's get our priorities in the right order shall we? I don't have a problem with four letter words and even the word pussy (synonym for vagina) which President Trump used in a private conversation with Billy Bush, a supposed friend, that was leaked to the fake news media in order to slander his character. Of course, those who were most upset about Trump using the word pussy were all the self-righteous hypocrites following this story, right? Ask any Rock Star about all the women who would love for them to invite them backstage after a concert. They will tell you they can touch any body part they want without any objection on their part. This was what President Trump was saying after he became famous with his "Celebrity Apprentice" TV show. I believe God wants us to be totally honest with our thoughts and feelings and if using a four letter word best describes your feelings then by all means use it. You won't offend me because I'm 'fessed up and admit I am a man of unclean lips. God knows our thoughts and our feelings. We can't hide them from Him so why should we hide them from each other? Hear what Jesus says about this in Luke 12:3, "What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs". God has taught me that the people we need to be most concerned about in life are the people who don't share their real thoughts and feelings with us in a totally transparent way. In other words, the "politically correct" and "Holier-Than-Thou" types of folks. These are the venomous snakes hiding in the swamp ready to strike at their most advantageous moment. I will not allow snakes of this kind to infiltrate our men's ministry. Here is another characteristic I discovered about hypocrites. Why is it that hypocrites get so obsessed with certain words when we know that it is our actions that really have a consequential impact in our life? Remember the old saying, "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me." The Apostle John says to test the spirits and this is what I will do with each and every newcomer who has interest in joining our Men's Mentoring Ministry. Donald Trump calls this "extreme vetting". We will not tolerate "political correctness" under any circumstance when discussing our inner most thoughts and feelings within this Men's Ministry. Political Correctness is a lie that comes straight from the pit of hell. I suspect this lie was manufactured by liberal elites within the think tanks of Harvard and Yale Law Schools with the goal of limiting our freedom of speech because they don't want us as a nation to get to the heart of issues that might undermine their hidden agenda of socializing and globalizing our country with the rest of the world. These liberal elites are aligned with the Anti-Christ who is the "Father of Lies". These snakes are masters of deception and use political correctness as a shrewd way to censor our speech. Every time I look at Harvard grad Senator Chuck Schumer and Yale grad Hillary Clinton, I see the eyes of a snake. Let's put off having to take the "mark of the beast" as long as possible. Hopefully Jesus will return before the Anti-Christ shows his ugly face. Let's be ready when He does come back, fair enough?
12. The lack of unity among church members. (Read John 17) Look how many factions there are in the Christian religion today and more and more are spinning off the so called church every day. Jesus said, "a house divided against itself will not stand". Look how divided our country is today. I believe we are in the midst of another Civil War between those who believe in "One Nation Under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All" and those who don't. We, as brothers in Christ, need to form close and committed alliances so we can protect ourselves from the communists, socialists and globalists who want to take over our country and do away with God, our Freedom, our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I have a Russian history minor from UCF. I studied the Bolshevik Revolution and how communism overtook Russian Czar Nicholas II and his family in a very violent and unconscionable way. I can assure you, we don't want any Joseph Stalin's running the show in our country, do we? We cannot ignore this problem. Now is the time to come together to save our country from anarchy and the loss of all our personal freedoms especially the First Amendment by a tyrannical government. If you don't own a firearm, I suggest you buy one now because we may be forced to exercise our Second Amendment right very soon. Our Founding Fathers specifically gave us the Second Amendment in our Bill of Rights so we may protect ourselves from a tyrannical uprising from within our government or from an attack from another country. Jesus proclaimed, "those that take up the sword will die by the sword". The liberal elites are brandishing their swords at us right now. We need to have our own swords ready in our defense if these tyrants choose to start a revolution against "We the People" of the United States. Jesus was called the Son of David. King David was considered by the Jewish people to be the best military leader in their history as a nation. Do you think King David would back down to an enemy that wanted to take over his Kingdom? I know Donald Trump will not back down. I believe President Trump is a cross between King David and his son King Solomon. Very wealthy, very brave, very powerful and very wise. We need a leader like President Trump because because he will not be intimidated or be taken advantage of by these liberal elites who have an insatiable desire for power, wealth and control over the people of the United States with the intention of making all of us slaves to the State according to their selfish desires. I can't express enough just how important it is for us to face this evil opposition head on with the necessary force to defeat these tyrants if attacked. We need to have the mindset of our Founding Fathers which believed in Patrick Henry's famous quote, "give me liberty or give me death." Our freedom is priceless. Please don't let these power hungry liberal elites who are aligned with the anti-Christ take it away from us. I do not want any wusses like our former president who was raised by a single mom to be a part of this Men's Ministry. Only real men who love Jesus, our Country and our President need apply.
13. The lack of intimacy between brothers and sisters in Christ is what causes division rather than unity. I don't know of another word that better expresses what it is to be of one mind with another person than intimacy. Jesus earnestly prayed that we become One with Him as He is One with Our Heavenly Father in John Chapter Seventeen. Today many of us are more consumed with Social-Media and computer games rather than spending quality time in person with those who are most important to us such as family and our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I feel like John the Baptist all alone in the wilderness. Everyone I know seems to be lost in cyberspace rather than sitting at the dining room table eating and enjoying the fellowship with those we love most. My whole family (both church and biological) have deserted me because of our differences in what it is to have the true mindset of Jesus. Jesus said this would happen in Luke 12:53. I feel like John the Baptist and the Prophet Isaiah when they said, "I am a voice crying in the wilderness". I am hoping and praying this will change when I start meeting the men who want to become a part of this men's ministry. I want contenders not pretenders who are totally sold out to Jesus involved in this Men's Ministry. I have had my fill of pretenders. It would be great to have the close relationships I use have with my fellow shipmates while serving in the Navy. I know those who have served in the military know what I am talking about. It's very sad when my dog loves me more than the people who are supposed to be closest to me do. I long for the close relationships I use to have with my family and my fellow shipmates before the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life took precedence over them. I fully understand why 20 veterans a day are committing suicide. If it were not for my relationship with Jesus, I would have killed myself a long time ago just like my first wife's husband chose to do. Why is there so much apathy in our country today? Has Love ceased to exist? Maybe if the mainstream church showed more love more people would attend. What's more attractive than true love?
14. The lack of church discipline in a loving and caring manner as taught by Jesus in Matthew 18:15-17. It seems to be the new normal for people not to confront the sins or offensive behavior of others in today's culture. People would rather talk behind our backs and malign our personal reputation rather than confront the offensive behavior we see in a face to face private meeting as Jesus taught us to do. I grew up with my mom and three sisters and my wife and three daughters in my marriage. I had no brothers or sons to enjoy things that men and boys love to do. Maybe when I get to heaven there will be only brothers and no sisters. That would be nice for a change. Jesus said there will be no marriage in Heaven. Thank God, what a blessing of peace that will be. I have always been around the female gender my whole life. Even with this much experience, I still do not understand the female mindset. We are definitely "Different by Design" as John MacArthur describes in his book. One thing for sure, I do know what women's biggest character flaws are from past experience. Number one, women love to stick their nose in other people's business and number two, once they find some shady activity they will maliciously gossip about it behind their backs with their closest confidants. That's why they call this back biting. I think this makes them feel better so they don't feel so bad about their own shady activities. President Obama was raised by a single mom and learned this sin weakness from her. He, Susan Rice and Samantha Power were the main characters in sticking their noses into the business of the Trump campaign to try and dig up shady activity so they can destroy him and those who support him. These are the manifestations of their own self-righteous behavior. Hillary Clinton is the most self-righteous person I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. How nauseating can one person be? She is a perfect example of someone who has been given over to a depraved mind as the Bible teaches. Now she wants to become a Methodist Preacher. Have you experienced what I am talking about with certain women in your life?
15. Lack of discipline in raising our children. King Solomon wrote in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Too many children are being raised by single mom's today. It's over 72% in Afro-American communities. Where's Dad? I have never heard a news reporter ever ask this question when addressing all the crime that comes out of the inner cities in America today. Have you? Kids today don't have to worry about hearing Mom say, "Wait 'til your Dad gets home" anymore. This is inexcusable and an obvious malpractice in responsible parenting. This issue must be confronted and corrected within the church body of believers for the future welfare of our nation! Discipline is an unknown practice in the majority of homes and within the church body today. My former wife resented the fact that I was a strong disciplinarian because she was raised in a permissive home as a child. She undermined my authority as the disciplinarian in our family in front of our three daughters to the point where they no longer respected me as the Spiritual leader in our family. This is what caused our family nucleus to self-destruct and led me to self-medicate with alcohol to relieve my frustrations after many years of sobriety. She did not understand the importance of strong discipline in raising children because she was not subject to it as a child. As I mentioned before in my thesis, she believes she is morally superior to me and more qualified to be the disciplinarian in our family. I was able to piece this all together through all the psychotherapy I went through to recover from my traumatic divorce experience. We can't blame kids for their bad behavior. We have to place the blame on parents or the lack thereof because of our negligence in not taking the necessary time and effort to discipline our kids for bad behavior and teaching them good manners. Another extremely important point on church discipline is that older women are neglecting their responsibility of disciplining younger women as taught in God's word. Another important factor is mothers no longer teach their daughters what it is to be Lady-like. There is nothing more attractive to me than when a woman demonstrates true feminine qualities. It seems to be a lost attribute with today's feminist women. There is nothing more ugly to me than a woman who acts like a man. I believe most men will agree with me but they are too scared to admit this for fear of retribution from the feminine women who control the narrative in their lives. Now do you see the consequences of divorce and how it leads to broken homes and dysfunctional families? I have not seen or heard any Pastor preach a sermon on this subject. Have you? This is proof that women have emasculated men in the church today.
I mentored these Afro-American Boys (now Men) since the age of twelve. They were Groomsmen in my wedding in 1997. From left to right - Jay Jackson (now a Criminal Attorney), Mario Otis (now a Supervisor for Tech Support at Spectrum) and Tavis Porter (now a Graphic Artist). Did you know that certain people think I am a racist because I voted for Donald Trump. What do you think?